This week we consider a distressing parable intended to remind us that there is far more to life than having a lot of stuff!
Luke 12: 16-21
Complementary Passage: Exodus 35: 20-29
Life’s Uncertain – Be Reconciled and Rich Toward God
- The Need to Be Reconciled & Rich Towards God
- Lessons from the Parable of the Rich Fool
- First and foremost, be reconciled with God
- What Does It Look Like to be Rich Toward God?
- What are we rich toward, focused on, and holding tight right now?
- Richness toward God
- 2 Corinthians 8: 1-5 – a poor church giving out of extreme poverty, abundant joy, and overflowing generosity and faith
- 2 Corinthians 9: 6-8 – a rich church invited to give freely after reflection and prayer
- What Does It Look Like for You to Be Rich Toward God?
- I’m not going to tell you! (No fixed number, the widow’s mites)
- We (LRBC) have real needs for ministry, mission, maintenance, benevolence, etc.
- Gospel ministry to the ends of the earth